Saturday, October 25, 2008

Hot Bread Man, Spinning Greens, and Wholesome Addictions.

Good evening, peeps. Or should I say morning? It's after midnight, and this night owl is still going strong.

I started my day with a trip to the Carrboro Farmers Market. For those of you who live in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area, if you've not gone, I highly recommend it. Most of the vendors were organic, even if not certified yet. Very friendly folks, gorgeous produce and flowers. I had my camera with me, but I didn't snap any pics because the bread man was incredibly sexy and distracting. :)

Two Things You Should Have in Your Raw Kitchen
So I decided to jockey stuff around a bit in my uncooking space today. Went out to Bed Bath & Beyond to buy a few things. I normally don't like supporting huge stores like BBB, but I get those 20% off coupons in the mail every five minutes. They don't expire, and you can use as many as you like at once. So for kitchen stuff, the coin saved is awesome. Here's what I got:

The coolest cutting board ever. I was scanning the boards and saw this genius offering. Lots of space to cut veggies, plus two removable metal tins at the bottom. They both measure 1 cup, which is handy, and also act as a reserve bin for getting scraps out of the way. At only $24.99, plus the 20% discount, this was a steal of a deal, my friends.


A Slammin' Salad Spinner. I can't believe I've not had one of these before now. Woe is the raw foodist who washes their greens and doesn't get them dry enough. Even though I use Evert Fresh bags, I still have the problem of my greens getting all slimy. In steps the Cuisinart salad spinner. It's not the fanciest on the market, but it does the trick and it does it well. I washed all my greens tonight and put them away all dry and perky. $14.99 for the spinner, plus 20% off with my ubiquitous BBB coupon.


My fridge runneth over.
I had to take a picture of my fridge, fully stocked, and my newly cookless stove. For all my carnivorous, flame-loving fans, I'll take you out to eat. I love opening my fridge and seeing a bounty of amazing food.





My name is Victoria, and I'm an addict.
No, I don't indulge in heroin, nor do I smokah the cigarettes. Folks, I love radishes. I like to get a handful and pop them in my mouth like popcorn. Except that I think popcorn tastes like Styrofoam. So today I bought three bunches of organic radishes. I don't know what it is about that root, but I am on a tear lately. And I've picked a healthy one; radishes are a good source of vitamin C and contain lots of healthy minerals like sulphur, iron, and iodine.


Well, that's it for this evening. It's been a rawkin' day, and tomorrow I think I'm going to do some uncookin' in the kitchen. Who knows what'll turn up?

Keep it rawl,

xo
V

No comments: